Friday 8 February 2013

Ralph's views on Twitter and his Shorty Award nomination




Hollywood has the Oscars. Broadway has the Tonys. Now Twitter has the... Shorty AwardsThe New York Times




Now what's the best way to promote Ralph for a Shorty Blogger Nomination...better write a blog about it!


Ralph has been put forward for a prestigious Shorty Blogger Award for his presence on Twitter, and he's even been interviewed for it.  If he wins he can even go to New York to collect the award but  that involves injections and six months in kennels so maybe not!


You can vote for Ralph by following the link here.....

shortyawards.com/fruitbatwalton/blogger

Ralph will be eternally grateful for your vote and also appreciate you spreading the word to your friends and asking them nicely if they'd vote too!

I thank you.....



The Shorty Interview with Fruitbatwalton

What's your best tweet?

if @Carlsberg_UK made unsigned Indie band music blogs then @fruitbatwalton would probably be best #RalphsLife


What are six things you could never do without?

Twitter, Laptop, Wine, Coffee, My Partner, My Dog, Our Kids and not necessarily in that order....


How do you use Twitter in your professional life?

I use Twitter to interact with Bands and their fans to gain information and inform using my Blog and Internet radio show on @RadioKC


What's your favorite Twitter app?

My favourite Twitter App is probably Hootsuite.


Twitter or Facebook?

I practically live on Twitter where I can interact with both the subject matter of my blogs (bands) and my readers (their fans).


What was the funniest trend you've seen?

#TescoHorseMeat


What feature should Twitter add?

Hyperlink text to allow for shorter Tweets


Who do you wish had a Twitter feed but doesn't?

My mum


What are some words or phrases you refuse to shorten for brevity?

I thank you.


Is there someone you want to follow you who doesn't already? If so, who?

@TheRollingStones account who have replied directly to me once which I believe is very unusual and if they followed me I'd blog them.


Have you ever unfollowed someone? Who and why?

I only ever unfollow people who have unfollowed me or who are offensive...Twitter is a friendly place, let's keep it that way.


Why should we vote for you?

I'm a Jack Russell who writes about music and food...what's not to like?


Terms you wish would start trending on Twitter right now?


What's the most interesting connection you've made through Twitter?

@thefunlovincrims whose music I love dearly followed me before I followed them...the highlight of my Twittering career. #scoobysnacks


Hashtag you created that you wish everyone used?

#RalphsLife


How do you make your tweets unique?

I keep my Tweets as funny and informative as I can. I'm a Jack Russell Terrier that blogs music which is about as unique as it gets.


What inspires you to tweet?

Sharing music and making new friends


Ever get called out for tweeting too much?

Surprisingly...not yet. But that's because I try to interact and not just promote.


140 characters of advice for a new user?

Don't be offensive, try to be funny, always interact, be informative, be friendly, enjoy yourself, learn as much as you can.


How long can you go without a tweet?

I have to go without a tweet?????


What question are we not asking here that we should?

Why should people follow you on Twitter.


How do you imagine Twitter changing?

I'd like to see Twitter allowing you to increase the amount of characters in a Tweet to allow better communication but it'll go the other way


Who do you admire most for his or her use of Twitter?

Melanie Masson a UK X Factor contestant who despite tens of thousands of followers still interacts individually on Twitter


Who is the funniest person on Twitter that you follow?

@jonpigeon


What is one of the biggest misconceptions of Twitter?

it has no worth


Why should people follow you?

Ah now there's the question you asked on what question you hadn't asked me...I'm funny, informative and interactive.


Can you name some one-of-a-kind Twitter accounts that you follow?

@jonpigeon is one of the funniest of what I'd consider to be a one-of-a-kind Twitter account


How do you decide what to tweet?

other than publishing my blogs I tweet dependant on what other people are tweeting, I often dive into other peoples conversations.


How do you use social media to motivate yourself or others to live a healthier life?

I have a Food Blog which I use to try to inform and educate people on good things to eat and easy ways to cook them.


How has social media helped bring your family closer together and #keepgoodgoing?

It helps #keepgoodgoing by allowing me to keep in touch with family far and near at the same time.


Why'd you start tweeting?

I write a music blog for unsigned Indie bands and artists and it's a great way to inform people of what's available.


Has Twitter changed your life? If yes, how?

yes. It's allowed my words and unsigned artists music to be read and heard by more people than I could ever have hoped for without it.


What do you wish people would do more of on Twitter?

Not try to sell me stuff...especially books!


How will the world change in the next year?

more people will Tweet and therefore read my music blog and a previously unknown band will become world famous.


What are some big Twitter faux pas?

telling people...HEY...YOU MUST LOOK AT THIS VIDEO/BOOK/JEWELLERY


What will the world be like 10 years from now?

The world will become a place devoid of record shops as everyone will buy their music online but I strive to bring Indie music to the masses.
Take the Shorty Interview at Shorty Awards, the awards honoring the best of social media.




Nominate Fruitbatwalton for a social media award in the Shorty Awards!Nominate Fruitbatwalton for a social media award in the Shorty Awards





1 comment:

  1. Make robust Your YouTube Channel boom these days! Our clean network permits you to gain 1000 YouTube free subscribers and perspectives on your channel. Brilliant reasonably-priced alternatives for clean increase are also available. Additionally test bulk DA PA Checker device to check your area Moz domain Authority and junk mail scores.

    ReplyDelete