The evening is inspired by Kate Stocks, who was suffering from metastatic cancer - a result of her third struggle with breast cancer. She was receiving the brilliant palliative care of staff at Marie Curie Hospice in Liverpool until she sadly passed away earlier this week.
But would the woman who dressed as a daffodil outside Asda for Marie Curie, who knitted jumpers for Bosnian refugees and who took disadvantaged youngsters for weekends of activities in Wales want it called off? Off course not. It will be a fitting tribute indeed if the evening is as successful as hoped.
But it's the 21st century and people with breast cancer should not end up in a hospice so we, her family, knowing she'd want 'the show to go on' and to help fund the clinical trials Breakthrough Breast Cancer are carrying out in the hunt for better treatment and ultimately a cure present for you.....
Sunday, February 3 2013 there will be bands playing live music and a raffle with prizes which MUST be won on the night including:
• A weekend stay for two at Obsidian health retreat in Alicante, Spain WORTH £510
• Three course meal and bottle of wine at London Carriage Works - WORTH ABOUT £75
• Family ticket to The Beatles Story (two adults, three children) - WORTH £43.99
• Family ticket for the Anfield Stadium Tour (two adults, two juniors) - WORTH £43
• Ticket for four people to The Goodison Experience - WORTH £40
• Family ticket to Chester Zoo - WORTH UP TO £59
• Two tickets to The Rocky Horror Show at the Liverpool Empire on February 11
• Two pairs of tickets for Picture House at Fact cinema
• Colour, cut and finish at Joannes Hairdressing, Little Sutton
• Family ticket to Cotebrook Shire Horse Centre
• A football signed by 1966 World Cup Final hero Geoff Hurst
Buy tickets online or just donate at: https://
You can also pay on the door!
Three local bands will be playing on the night and they are.....
Three strangers poring over vinyl together in the back room of a charity shop is as good a ground for musical bonding as any but there was still something missing... then along came a drummer with a dog called Fruitcake and the Swapsies jigsaw was complete!
Formed out of a shared love of Premier League Football stickers, twee indie pop and Josie Long, The Swapsies are Huw, Andy, Sean & El.
Sparkwood & 21.....
Inspired by former Liverpool acts Ella Guru and Cranebuilders, Sparkwood&21 are a refreshing change from the usual Merseyside bands and have been at the forefront of Liverpool’s burgeoning acoustic/roots/folk-rock scene for the last few years. Not widely know outside of their hometown, the band have chosen a carefully crafted path, along the way picking up respect from their peers and a loyal following of fans.
In 2010 five friends living in Liverpool decided to put their heads together and start playing their mumbled bedroom recordings as a proper band. After several months of slaving away in their rehearsal rooms and a few gigs as the precariously titled He and She (a name change soon followed to Secret Garden Gathering) they perfected six songs that sounded somewhere between the realms of Indie, Folk and Psychedelia. Following the apparent success of the first toe in the water, several more songs were cobbled together and hasty plan of action drawn up to record some musical gems.